Stephen Seiler, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Breast Imaging Division. He also serves as the Medical Director of Breast Imaging for the UT Southwestern University Hospitals and Clinics. His clinical interests include the early detection and evaluation of the extent of breast cancer as well as assessment of breast implant intergrity.
Dr. Seiler holds bachelor's degrees in Plan II Honors and molecular biology from the University of Texas at Austin. He received his medical degree at UT Southwestern and began radiology residency training at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He completed his radiology residency training at UT Southwestern followed by advanced training through a fellowship program in breast imaging.
Dr. Seiler's research focuses on innovative techniques using breast magnetic resonance imaging, positron emission mammography, and optoacoustic imaging. His collaboration with colleagues in Radiation Oncology led to the development of an ultrasound-guided approach to placing fiducial markers to help determine the location of radiation beams during partial breast irradiation.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2006)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Diagnostic Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Breast Imaging
- Multimodality Imaging-based Evaluation of Single-Lumen Silicone Breast Implants for Rupture.
- Seiler SJ, Sharma PB, Hayes JC, Ganti R, Mootz AR, Eads ED, Teotia SS, Evans WP Radiographics 2017 Feb 160086
- Ultrasound-Guided Placement of Gold Fiducial Markers for Stereotactic Partial-Breast Irradiation.
- Seiler S, Rahimi A, Choudhery S, Garwood D, Spangler A, Cherian S, Goudreau S AJR Am J Roentgenol 2016 Sep 207 3 685-8
- Quality of Anatomic Staging of Breast Carcinoma in Hospitals in the United States, With Focus on Measurement of Tumor Dimension.
- Wu DY, Spangler AE, de Hoyos A, Vo DT, Seiler SJ, Am J Clin Pathol 2021 Apr
- Diagnosis, Management, and Percutaneous Sampling of Nipple-Areolar Calcifications: How Radiologists Can Help Patients Avoid the Operating Room.
- Burk KS, Seiler SJ, Porembka JH, AJR Am J Roentgenol 2021 Jan 216 1 48-56
- Benign breast papillomas without atypia diagnosed with core needle biopsy: Outcome of surgical excision and imaging follow-up.
- Polat DS, Knippa EE, Ganti R, Seiler SJ, Goudreau SH, Eur J Radiol 2020 Aug 131 109237
- Clinical Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Staging and Tumor Length Measurement Results From U.S. Cancer Hospitals.
- Wu DY, de Hoyos A, Vo DT, Hwang H, Spangler AE, Seiler SJ, Acad Radiol 2020 Jun
- CEST-Dixon for human breast lesion characterization at 3 T: A preliminary study.
- Zhang S, Seiler S, Wang X, Madhuranthakam AJ, Keupp J, Knippa EE, Lenkinski RE, Vinogradov E Magn Reson Med 2018 Jan
- Image improvement method for positron emission mammography.
- Slavine NV, Seiler SJ, McColl RW, Lenkinski RE Phys Med 2017 Jul 39 164-173
- Magnetic resonance imaging characteristics of granulomatous mastitis.
- Chu AN, Seiler SJ, Hayes JC, Wooldridge R, Porembka JH Clin Imaging 2017 May - Jun 43 199-201
- Preoperative Radioactive Seed Localization for Nonpalpable Breast Lesions: Technique, Pitfalls, and Solutions.
- Goudreau SH, Joseph JP, Seiler SJ Radiographics 2015 Aug 140293
Honors & Awards
- Magna Cum Laude Award (Educational Exhibit)
Radiology Society of North America Annual Meeting (2018)
- Radiology Residency Golden Apple Teaching Award
UTSW Radiology Department (2015)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (2012)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2011)
- Society of Breast Imaging (2011)
- Radiological Society of North America (2007)
- Texas Radiological Society (2007)
- American Medical Association (2002)
- Texas Medical Association (2002)