Tonia Vinton, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and is a member of the Division of Endocrinology. She specializes in obesity, metabolic syndrome, and preventive medicine.
Dr. Vinton earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School, where she also completed her residency in internal medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Obesity Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Vinton is the founder and President of the Dallas Obesity Society, and her primary research interest is obesity medicine.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2006)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Internal Medicine
- Behavioral Modification
- Obesity Medicine
- Preventative Medicine
- IMPAIRED CORONARY VASCULAR REACTIVITY IN CARDIAC SYNDROME X MEASURED NON-INVASIVELY BY 3T MRI
- T Yee, A Chang, M Kotys, E Holper, R Peshock. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010
Honors & Awards
- Dean's List
University of Texas (2002)
- Gamma Beta Phi
Honors Society at University of Texas (2002)
- Phi Beta Kappa
UT Austin (2002)
- Dean's List
University of California - Berkeley (1999)
- Obesity Medicine Association (2019)
- The Dallas Obesity Society (2019)
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians (2013)