Ashoke K. Sathy, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in trauma surgery to treat periarticular fractures, fragility fractures, and poly-traumatized patients.
Dr. Sathy earned his medical degree, graduating top of his class, at UT Southwestern Medical School, where he also completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery. He then received advanced training in orthopaedic trauma through a fellowship at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
He conducts research on trauma surgery outcomes and postsurgical pain management, and he has published many articles on treatment of femur and pelvic fractures.
Dr. Sathy is a member of several professional organizations, including AOTrauma North America, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Orthopaedic Trauma Association, the Texas Medical Association, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the American Medical Association.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2003)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008), Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (2009), Orthopaedic Trauma
- A prospective Randomized Investigation of Syndesmosis Injury Fixation
- Improving Pain Management and Long Term Outcomes Following High Energy Orthopaedic Trauma (PAIN Studey)
- Local Antibiotic Therapy to Reduce Infection after Operative Treatment of Fractures at High Risk of Infection
- Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC I); FIXIT, pTOG and STREAM clinical research studies
- Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium (METRC II); PAIN clinical research study
- Streamlining Trauma Research Evaluation with Advanced Measurement (STREAM)
- Quantitative Analysis of Growth Factors from a Second Filter Using the Reamer-Irrigator-Aspirator System: Description of a Novel Technique
- Sathy AK, Stannard JP, Moeinpour F, Volgas DA Orthop Clin North Am 2008
- Reliable Method for Avoiding Malrotation Deformity After Intramedullary Nailing of Comminuted Femur Fractures: Clinical Validation of a Previously Described Technique.
- Sathy A, Barnwell JC, Shahrestani SN, Moore D J Orthop Trauma 2017 Apr 31 4 e121-e126
- The Effect of Pelvic Fracture on Mortality After Trauma: An Analysis of 63,000 Trauma Patients
- Sathy AK, Starr AJ, Elliott A, Smith WR, Parekh A, Agudelo J J Bone Joint Surg 2009
- Significant Reduction of Pulmonary Embolism in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients.
- Starr AJ, Shirley Z, Sutphin PD, Sanders D, Eastman A, Au B, Sathy A, Hu G, Gebrelul A, Minei J, Cripps MW J Orthop Trauma 2019 Feb 33 2 78-81
- Use of a Novel Tibial Traction Triangle for Intramedullary Nailing of Tibia Fractures.
- Sathy AK, Prabhakar P, Harirah M, Hay M J Orthop Trauma 2018 Dec
- Complications After Pelvic Arteriography in Patients With Pelvic Ring Disruptions.
- Wiley M, Black S, Martin C, Barnwell J, Starr A, Sathy A J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2018 Nov 26 21 765-772
- Improving Pain Management and Long-Term Outcomes Following High-Energy Orthopaedic Trauma (Pain Study).
- Castillo RC, Raja SN, Frey KP, Vallier HA, Tornetta P, Jaeblon T, Goff BJ, Gottschalk A, Scharfstein DO, O'Toole RV J Orthop Trauma 2017 04 31 Suppl 1 S71-S77
- Local Antibiotic Therapy to Reduce Infection After Operative Treatment of Fractures at High Risk of Infection: A Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Trial (VANCO Study).
- O'Toole RV, Joshi M, Carlini AR, Murray CK, Allen LE, Scharfstein DO, Gary JL, Bosse MJ, Castillo RC J Orthop Trauma 2017 04 31 Suppl 1 S18-S24
- Transsacral-Transiliac Screw Stabilization: Effective for Recalcitrant Pain Due to Sacral Insufficiency Fracture.
- Sanders D, Fox J, Starr A, Sathy A, Chao J J Orthop Trauma 2016 Sep 30 9 469-73
- Improved Survival after Pelvic Fracture: 13 Year Experience at a Single Trauma Center Using a Multi-disciplinary Institutional Protocol
- Black, Sheena; Sathy, Ashoke; ChanHee, Jo; Wiley, Marcel; Minei, Joseph; Starr, Adam J Othop T 2016 30(1) 2016;30(1) 22-28
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teacher Award
Presented by UT Southwestern medical school class of 2015-16
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2013)
- AO Trauma North America member (2013)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2012)
- Texas Medical Association (2012)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2010-2013)
- AO North America Orthopaedic Faculty (2010)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (2010)
- American Medical Association (2009-2017)