Dr. Suzuki earned a bachelor’s degree and a master science degree in engineering from Yamagata University, in his hometown, Yonezawa City, Japan. In graduate school he changed his field of study to molecular biology and earned his doctorate in geriatric medicine from Osaka University, Japan.
Immediately after earning doctorate degree, Dr. Suzuki moved to the USA as a postdoctoral researcher, studying basic molecular mechanisms of cardiovascular diseases. Using mouse models and cultured cells, he has been engaged in the study of atherosclerosis, hypertrophy, and hyperlipidemia. He also engaged in the biochemistry research of lipid mediators in inflammatory signaling. He has been a member of Dr. Samir Parikh’s Lab since 2016, where has been studying the vascular mechanism in sepsis using his broad knowledge and skill sets in molecular and biochemistry techniques. His research focuses on angiopoietin-Tie2 signaling that regulates basal endothelial barrier function and its disruption that induces leaky blood vessels.
- Endothelial Cells
- Vascular Biology
- Biosynthetic Crossover of 5-Lipoxygenase and Cyclooxygenase-2 Yields 5-Hydroxy-PGE2 and 5-Hydroxy-PGD2.
- Nakashima F, Suzuki T, Gordon ON, Golding D, Okuno T, Giménez-Bastida JA, Yokomizo T, Schneider C, JACS Au 2021 Sep 1 9 1380-1388
- Biomimetic synthesis of hemiketal eicosanoids for biological testing.
- Giménez-Bastida JA, Suzuki T, Sprinkel KC, Boeglin WE, Schneider C, Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 2017 09 132 41-46
- Identification of a novel series of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative phospholipid oxidation products containing the cyclopentenone moiety in vitro and in vivo: Implication in atherosclerosis.
- Lu J, Guo S, Xue X, Chen Q, Ge J, Zhuo Y, Zhong H, Chen B, Zhao M, Han W, Suzuki T, Zhu M, Xia L, Schneider C, Blackwell TS, Porter NA, Zheng L, Tsimikas S, Yin H, J Biol Chem 2017 03 292 13 5378-5391
- Discovery of Novel Splice Variants and Regulatory Mechanisms for Microsomal Triglyceride Transfer Protein in Human Tissues.
- Suzuki T, Swift LL, Sci Rep 2016 06 6 27308
- Identification of a Novel Transcript and Regulatory Mechanism for Microsomal Triglyceride Transfer Protein.
- Suzuki T, Brown JJ, Swift LL, PLoS One 2016 11 1 e0147252
- Microsomal Triglyceride Transfer Protein (MTP) Associates with Cytosolic Lipid Droplets in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes.
- Love JD, Suzuki T, Robinson DB, Harris CM, Johnson JE, Mohler PJ, Jerome WG, Swift LL PLoS ONE 2015 10 8 e0135598
- COX-2-dependent and -independent biosynthesis of dihydroxy-arachidonic acids in activated human leukocytes.
- Tejera N, Boeglin WE, Suzuki T, Schneider C, J Lipid Res 2012 Jan 53 1 87-94
- Biosynthesis of hemiketal eicosanoids by cross-over of the 5-lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase-2 pathways.
- Griesser M, Suzuki T, Tejera N, Mont S, Boeglin WE, Pozzi A, Schneider C, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2011 Apr 108 17 6945-50
- Autoxidative and cyclooxygenase-2 catalyzed transformation of the dietary chemopreventive agent curcumin.
- Griesser M, Pistis V, Suzuki T, Tejera N, Pratt DA, Schneider C, J Biol Chem 2011 Jan 286 2 1114-24
- Eicosapentaenoic acid protects endothelial cells against anoikis through restoration of cFLIP.
- Suzuki T, Fukuo K, Suhara T, Yasuda O, Sato N, Takemura Y, Tsubakimoto M, Ogihara T, Hypertension 2003 Sep 42 3 342-8