Mridula Nadamuni, M.D. is an Assistant Instructor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2021, she/he joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 2021 as Chief Medicine Resident after completing her training in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics here at UTSW.
Originally from California, Dr. Nadamuni holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. She received her medical degree from the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California.
Dr. Nadamuni’s professional interests are wide ranging including medical education, health equity and community outreach, integrative approaches to whole-person medicine, and quality improvement. She is passionate about story-telling and narrative medicine as an avenue for healing.
Dr. Nadamuni’s interests outside of medicine include reading, spending time with family and friends, and trying new things.
- Health Equity and Diversity
- Immune Dysregulation in Sepsis
- Wellness in Medical Education
- Exposure to Cardiology as a Strategy to Increase the Number of Black Men in Medicine.
- Nadamuni M, Minniefield NE, Okorodudu DO, Circulation 2021 Feb 143 6 513-515
- Mentoring Black Men in Medicine.
- Oliver KB, Nadamuni MV, Ahn C, Nivet M, Cryer B, Okorodudu DO, Acad Med 2020 12 95 12S Addressing Harmful Bias and Eliminating Discrimination in Health Professions Learning Environments S77-S81
- Factors Associated With Death in Critically Ill Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 in the US.
- Gupta S, Hayek SS, Wang W, Chan L, Mathews KS, Melamed ML, Brenner SK, Leonberg-Yoo A, Schenck EJ, Radbel J, Reiser J, Bansal A, Srivastava A, Zhou Y, Sutherland A, Green A, Shehata AM, Goyal N, Vijayan A, Velez JCQ, Shaefi S, Parikh CR, Arunthamakun J, Athavale AM, Friedman AN, Short SAP, Kibbelaar ZA, Abu Omar S, Admon AJ, Donnelly JP, Gershengorn HB, Hernán MA, Semler MW, Leaf DE, JAMA Intern Med 2020 11 180 11 1436-1447
- Correction of refractory thrombocytopenia and anemia following withdrawal of extended release niacin.
- O'Connell C, Horwood K, Nadamuni M, Am J Hematol 2016 Jul 91 7 E318
Honors & Awards
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- House Staff of Excellence Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center - Department of Internal Medicine (2019)