Dr. Caitlin Holt Siropaides grew up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where she completed her Internal Medicine Residency and Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Dr. Siropaides brings to UT Southwestern a strong background of communication skills and medical communication education. Her decision to join the UT Southwestern system is based on the opportunity to practice in a high-acuity academic setting with oncology, hematology, non-malignant serious illnesses, and transplant medicine/surgery. She enjoys teaching palliative care symptom management and communication skills and hopes to enhance general practice of palliative care by inpatient and outpatient providers. Her clinical practice emphasizes holistic care focusing on not just medical, but also psychological, spiritual, and familial needs. Dr. Siropaides’ outside interests include horseback riding, exercising, and spending time with friends and family.
- Medical School
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2012)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2013)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2016), Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Medical Communication
- Palliative Care
- System Quality Improvement - Focused on Patient Treatment Preferences
- Adapting Existing Resources for Serious Illness Communication Skills Training for Internal Medicine Residents.
- Sekar DR, Siropaides CH, Smith LN, Nguyen OK, South Med J 2021 May 114 5 283-287
- A Multicenter Qualitative Analysis of Medical Student Narratives After a Palliative Care Elective.
- Sagin A, Ellman MS, Shariff RR, Jones CA, Tindall K, Siropaides CH, Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2020 Nov 1049909120971565
- Time-Limited Trials for Serious Illness #401.
- Siropaides CH, Arnold RM, J Palliat Med 2020 11 23 11 1540-1541
- Crucial Conversations with Patients in Era of COVID-19
- Siropaides CH, Sulistio MS, Reimold SC. Circulation 2020 May 6
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2015)