Dr. Jian Qiao received her M.D. from China Medical University in medicine, and her Ph.D. from Chinese Academy of Science in Tumor Immunology. Before joining UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dr. Qiao has been working on the development of strategies for tumor-targeted delivery of therapeutics including cytokines, cancer cell cytotoxic genes, and oncolytic viruses. Currently, Dr. Qiao's efforts focus on the development of novel tumor-targeted bispecific antibodies and cytokines to improve the therapeutic index by reducing systemic toxicity while enhancing antitumor immune responses.
- Medical School
- (2015), Medicine
- Antibody- and Cytokine- based immunotherapies
- Cancer and Autoimmune diseases
- Tumor Microenvironment
- Tumor-targeted delivery of immune therapeutics
- Rejuvenation of tumour-specific T cells through bispecific antibodies targeting PD-L1 on dendritic cells.
- Liu L, Chen J, Bae J, Li H, Sun Z, Moore C, Hsu E, Han C, Qiao J*, Fu YX*, Nat Biomed Eng. 2021 Nov
- Cytokines that target immune killer cells against tumors.
- Qiao J*, Fu YX, Cell Mol Immunol. 2020 Jul
- Tumor cells suppress radiation-induced immunity by hijacking caspase 9 signaling.
- Han C, Liu Z, Zhang Y, Shen A, Dong C, Zhang A, Moore C, Ren Z, Lu C, Cao X, Zhang CL, Qiao J* Fu YX*, Nat Immunol. 2020 May
- Targeting Tumors with IL-10 Prevents Dendritic Cell-Mediated CD8(+) T Cell Apoptosis.
- Qiao J*, Liu Z, Dong C, Luan Y, Zhang A, Moore C, Fu K, Peng J, Wang Y, Ren Z, Han C, Xu T, Fu YX*, Cancer Cell 2019 Jun
- DNA sensing and immune responses in cancer therapy.
- Qiao J, Tang H, Fu YX, Curr Opin Immunol. 2017 Apr
- Adapting conventional cancer treatment for immunotherapy
- Qiao J, Liu Z, Fu YX, J Mol Med. 2016 May
- Intratumoral oncolytic adenoviral treatment modulates the glioma microenvironment and facilitates systemic tumor-antigen-specific T cell therapy.
- Qiao J, Dey M, Chang AL, Kim JW, Miska J, Ling A, Nettlebeck DM, Han Y, Zhang L, Lesniak MS. Oncoimmunology 2015 Apr
- Cyclophosphamide facilitates antitumor efficacy against subcutaneous tumors following intravenous delivery of reovirus.
- Qiao J, Wang H, Kottke T, White C, Twigger K, Diaz RM, Thompson J, Selby P, de Bo-no J, Melcher A, Pandha H, Coffey M, Vile R, Harrington K Clin Cancer Res 2008 Jan
- Purging metastases in lymphoid organs using a combination of antigen-nonspecific adoptive T cell therapy, oncolytic virotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Qiao J, Kottke T, Willmon C, Galivo F, Wongthida P, Diaz RM, Thompson J, Ryno P, Barber GN, Chester J, Selby P, Harrington K, Melcher A, Vile RG, Nat Med. 2008 Jan
- VSV-G pseudotyped, MuLV-based, semi-replication-competent retrovirus for cancer treatment.
- Qiao J, Moreno, J, Sanchez-Perez, L, Kottke T, Thompson J, Caruso M, Diaz, RM, Vile R Gene Ther. 2006 Oct
- American Association for Cancer Research
- The American Association of Immunologist
- The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer