Dr Nayak is a graduate of Mumbai university, India following which she completed her residency in pediatrics at the Children’s hospital, State University of NY, Buffalo, NY. And her fellowship in neonatal and perinatal medicine at the Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, RI. Before joining UTSW, Dr. Nayak worked as a neonatologist in NY. Currently, Dr Nayak works with infants with intestinal failure and short gut syndrome. She is the team lead in the NICU for the intestinal rehabilitation program.
- Medical School
- Dr D.Y. Patil Medical College (2004)
- University at Buffalo School of Medicine (2010), Pediatrics
- Brown University Woman & Infant Hospital (2013), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Intestinal Failure
- Neonatal Nutrition
- Short Gut Syndrome
- Strain-induced differentiation of fetal type II epithelial cells is mediated via the integrin a6?1-ADAM17/tumor necrosis factor-a-converting enzyme (TACE) signaling pathway.
- Wang Y, Huang Z, Nayak PS, Matthews BD, Warburton D, Shi W, Sanchez-Esteban J J. Biol. Chem. 2013 Aug 288 35 25646-57
- Stretch-induced fetal type II cell differentiation is mediated via ErbB1-ErbB4 interactions.
- Huang Z, Wang Y, Nayak PS, Dammann CE, Sanchez-Esteban J J. Biol. Chem. 2012 May 287 22 18091-102
- An experimental system to study mechanotransduction in fetal lung cells.
- Wang Y, Huang Z, Nayak PS, Sanchez-Esteban J J Vis Exp 2012 60
- Methemoglobin to cumulative nitric oxide ratio and response to inhaled nitric oxide in PPHN.
- Pabalan MJ, Nayak SP, Ryan RM, Kumar VH, Lakshminrusimha S J Perinatol 2009 Oct 29 10 698-701
Honors & Awards
- Mentor Award
Frisco ISD - Texas (2018)
- Travel Award
Society for Pediatric Research (2013)
- Travel Award
Eastern Society for Perinatal Medicine (2009, 2011, 2013)
- Texas Medical Society (2015)
- Society of Pediatric Research (2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2007)
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (2003)