Dr. Andrew Yu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He devotes his clinical time as a Pediatric Hospitalist to the care of hospitalized children at the Children’s Medical Center of Dallas and Plano and is passionate about providing high-quality, family-centered care.
Dr. Yu is highly invested in medical education and serves as an Associate Program Director of the Pediatric Residency Program at UT Southwestern / Children’s Health. His areas of focus include bedside teaching, curriculum development, and alumni engagement.
Dr. Yu holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology from Yale University. He has experience in healthcare consulting. He received his M.D. from UT Southwestern Medical School, where he also completed his pediatric residency and served as a Pediatric Chief Resident.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2014)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2017), Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2018), Pediatrics
- Medical Education
- Regulation of Nod1 and Nod2 in first trimester trophoblast cells.
- Mulla MJ, Yu AG, Cardenas I, Guller S, Panda B, Abrahams VM Am. J. Reprod. Immunol. 2009 Apr 61 4 294-302
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection modulates trophoblast cytokine/chemokine production.
- de la Torre E, Mulla MJ, Yu AG, Lee SJ, Kavathas PB, Abrahams VM J. Immunol. 2009 Mar 182 6 3735-45
Honors & Awards
- Advocacy Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Residency Program (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas
Award for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine (2014)
- Residency Program Delegate
American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Medical Students, Residents, and Fellowship Trainees (2014)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Hospital Medicine
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Pediatric Society